More on Indifference
Many people disliked my previous post on indifference. But, I will still say apathy has rules.
1. You CANNOT be apathetic towards people you really care for, you really love, its from inside. You can’t even pretend it.
2. Indifference is not a trait to be followed but a trick to be used.
3. When you really don’t care about what is happening in a person’s life, you cannot interfere in it without their consent, and your conscience doesn’t allow you to think bad for them. You just say: “I hope all goes well with that fellow” and forget it. Get indifferent.
4. Sometimes, you cannot just control your own emotions about something but you have to – circumstances, perhaps? That happens when someone points fingers at you for no reason, grabs away your credit, curses you…how wise is it to counteract them in their own language? Tit-for-tat or revenge is worse. Just ignore, get indifferent, reply by your deeds not their language. Thereare lot more things to do than think about them.
I am not cruel, not defending myself. Maybe I am, not discrediting myself. But indifference to suffering? Na. Who was the sufferer in previous post? Sometimes, there is nothing you can do but keep on killing yourself for your helplessness. How can you be indifferent to mass-killings, murders, abductions….? You cannot control your anger, you try to avoid reading or view these news but you cannot…c’mon lets not get into that now.
In my last post I mentioned about a friend who despised my indifference. Now, I have learnt he is much more indifferent than me. He does not follow the rules of apathy. I was wondering what could be the reason for this show and I came up with few reasons.
1. He might have found the woman of his dreams (poor girl 😛 ). People generally stop caring of whats happening around. Plausible.
2. He is trying to teach me a lesson that apathy is bad. Plausible. He has tried that before, been partially successfull, knows my rules very well.
3. He is trying his hands on indifference, skulking from some responsibilites, avoiding some decisions. Plausible. He used to be emotional and responsible.
4. He is frustrated and is hating the entire world, tackling it with indifference. Plausible.
And now I am out of ideas. Any guesses what could be the reason..?
This would be my last post on indifference, because I cannot keep on explaining myself – it’s not necessary to do that to everyone. Or is it? Whatever.